Art of Communication
Communication leads to community that is to understanding, intimacy and mutual valuing. – Rollo May
Mandsaur University organized a workshop on “Art of Communication” under AAROHAN on 11-15 September 2018 for second year students (A & B category). The guest speaker of the session was Ms. Sonal Vyas. She is a well known soft skill trainer having 12 years of experience in providing such training. Her areas of expertise are team building, communication skill, people management, life skills, personality development, interview skills, basic etiquette etc. Objective of the workshop was to discover the importance of communicating ideas and experiences among the group to accomplish goals, gaining active listening, managing your assumption more effectively, increasing confidence and enhance their professionalism at work. This workshop successfully conducted by Prof. Shuchi Shah (In charge AAROHAN). Total 170 students availed the workshop and they participated enthusiastically in every activity.
Following topics were covered in the session:
- Day 1: Communication Skills – Communication process, barrier to communication, different personality types.
Activity: Students performed skit on different personality types.
- Day 2: Body Language – Different body language, gesture, posture, expression, power poses, grooming and hygiene.
Activity: Students performed skit on non verbal communication.
- Day 3: Public Speaking and Small Talk – how to do small talk, its uses, public speaking barrier, tips to overcome stage fear.
Activity: Students came on stage and shared what they learnt and how will they now improve their personality.
- Day 4: Intra Personal Communication – Self talk, how it affects us, how to improve self talk.
Activity: Students showed their skills by creating advertisement of unusual products.
- Day 5: Self discipline – why it is important, how to cultivate habit, how to be in constant motivated state.
Activity: Students performed skit on western culture versus Indian culture and at the end feedback session.