“The people with whom you work reflect your own attitude. If you are suspicious, unfriendly and condescending, you will find theses unlovely traits echoed all about you. But if you are on your best behavior, you will bring out the best in the persons with whom you are going to spend most of your working hours.” – Beatrice Vincent
Interpersonal skills are the skills we use every day when we communicate and interact with other people, both individually and in groups. People with strong interpersonal skills are often more successful in both their professional and personal lives. Keeping this in mind we organized a workshop on Interpersonal Skills on 03 – 06 October 2018 for students of third year (category A & B) under AAROHAN by Mr. Ranjeet Phillips from Delhi.
Interpersonal skills include a wide variety of skills, though many are centered around communication, such as listening, questioning and understanding body language. They also include the skills and attributes associated with emotional intelligence, or being able to understand and manage your own and others’ emotions. People with good interpersonal skills tend to be able to work well in a team or groups and with other people more generally. They are able to communicate effectively with others, whether family, friends, colleagues, customers or clients. Interpersonal skills are therefore vital in all areas of life at work, in education and socially.
In the workshop main focus was on tenets of KAIZEN and the Rice Model. Following key points were covered:
- Interpersonal Skills – To enable understand the importance of Interpersonal Skills in forming positive impression of personality.
- Challenges of Communication In Interpersonal Relations – To enable understand the importance of good communication in forming positive impression of personality
- Effective Questioning Skills with relation to the New Skills of Interpersonal Relationship
- Verbal communication, Para verbal Communication, Non- Verbal Communication
- Assertiveness Skills – To illustrate the importance of discovering the personality Type and using Interpersonal Skills to the maximum
- Understanding and valuing differences – Appreciation of different communication and working styles. Find out which style you prefer Practice adjusting the way how you communicate to the style of the person we talk or write to.
- How you can influence people around you.
This workshop successfully conducted by Prof. Shuchi Shah (In charge AAROHAN). Total 144 students availed the workshop.