Department of Mechanical Engineering Organised an E-Alumni Conclave on “Career Opportunities in Europe after Engineering”
|Final year Engineering Undergraduates|
|Activity: e-Alumni Conclave-2021|
|Date and Duration: 13/02/2021, Duration:-2:15 hour|
|Title: e-Alumni Conclave on “Career Opportunities in Europe after Engineering”|
Resource person/Agency and affiliation:
- Punit Kumar, Autoliv, Hamburg, Germany (MIT Alumnus 2006 Batch )
- Mayank Kapoor, Amdocs, Dublin, Ireland (MIT Alumnus 2003 Batch)
- Gaurav Dadu, IT Contractor, London (MIT Alumnus 2006 Batch )
- Mr. Abhishek Vyas, Infosys, Frankfurt, Germany (MIT Alumnus 2004 Batch)
About the Alumni:
- Punit Kumar is an Alumnus of the Mechanical Engineering Department from 2006 pass out batch. He strongly believes that Mandsaur University helped him in creating a strong foundation academically and this made his dream of working in world’s renowned automotive industries come true. Mr. Kumar has contributed his services in lead Automotive and Aerospace Industry such as Mercedes Benz, General Motors, MBTS GmbH, Germany at the leadership position and currently working for Autoliv, Germany. He has vast experience in research and development. During his tenure in renowned organizations he earned three patents to his credit.
- Mayank kapoor is an alumnus of the Department of Information Technology from 2003 pass out batch. He is from Jaora and has been contributing his services in leading software industries and has more than 15 years of experience. Mr. Kapoor is energetic and has actively participated in extracurricular activities during his graduation at Mandsaur University. He started his career at Patni Computers, thereafter he migrated to Indonesia and worked there for around 5 Years. Presently, he is located in Ireland and holding a leading position in a software industry.
- Gaurav Dadu is an Alumnus of the Department of Electronic and Communication from 2006 pass out batch. He has vast experience in Quality Assurance, Business Testing with more than twelve years of Software testing experience with leading financial and Public sector organizations like Cognizant, London Stock Exchange Group, Home Office – Ministry of Justice UK and Lloyds Banking Group IT Projects. He is IT contractor and working independently for lead industry/public Sectors in London.
- Mr. Abhishek Vyas is an Alumnus of Department of Information Technology from 2004 pass out batch and he is from Ratlam. Just after completing his B.E., he has started his career with TCS and thereafter he has served many leading industries in India and Germany like Infosys, Appoxon GmbH etc. Presently he is associated with Infosys Consulting located at Frankfurt, Germany.
Department of Mechanical Engineering has organized an Alumni Conclave on “Career Opportunities in Europe after Engineering” on Feb. 13, 2021. All the final year students of Engineering attended this conclave. The Alumni Mr. Punit Kumar, Mr. Gaurav Dadu, Mr. Mayank Kapoor and Mr. Abhishek Vyas came online from different places in Europe from 2:30 PM.
The objective of this event is to familiarize the students about the opportunities available in European countries after completion of their graduation. In further meetings the contribution from alumni members by giving expert lectures, seminar, inspirational talk etc. Conducting the mock interviews to the students Helping in building a good networking in India and abroad.
The program started with lamp lighting ceremony. Mr. Ashish Sethiya the coordinator of this program introduced the resource person to all the students. HOD of the Department Dr Ravi Kumar in his opening address welcomed all the alumni. He motivated the students by saying the opportunity to travel around the world and experience the working in global environment. Hon’ble VC Dr. Shailendra Sharma addressed the students and welcomed alumni. He expressed in gratitude for the alumni and the importance of their contribution in institution building.
The event was followed by Panel Discussion where the Alumni have discussed various opportunities available after Covid Pandemic in terms of job, higher studies, scholarships etc. Alumni have highlighted the importance of communication skills and the languages and the ways to improve the same. The future technologies in their respective fields like Automobiles, Softwares and Information Technology were also discussed. Alumni conclave is to motivate the students and make them familiarize about the job market and other career opportunities in Europe. They spoke about their journey of career and how they made the challenges into opportunities further answered many queries from the students.
Outcomes: The students got inspired by meeting old students of the college who are in a well settled leadership positions in Europe. They could understand the potential in European countries for their career prospects. They could clear their queries on different opportunities available in Europe. They interacted with their alumni on topics such as opportunities for higher studies after graduation, scholarships availability for higher studies in different universities. Language requirements etc. They got an opportunity to discuss with the alumnus and understand how one has to face the challenges in profession life and achieve dreams.
No. of participants: 62
Prepared by: Mr. Ashish Sethiya
Verified and Submitted by (HOD/HOI): Dr. Ravi Kumar