Workshop on Electrical-AUTOCAD
Department: Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Year/sem: III Year Diploma and B. Tech IV Year
Activity: Workshop on Electrical-AUTOCAD
Date and Duration: 22-26 February 2021(5 days)
Title:“Electrical AutoCAD Training Workshop”
Resource person/agency and affiliation: Mr. Nilesh Kumar, System Engineer (Design & Development, TCS New Delhi)
Brief description / remarks:
Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering had organized five days hands-on training workshop on Electrical AutoCAD for III Year Diploma and IV Year B.Tech students from date 22/02/2021 to 26/02/2021.
In this workshop,
Mr. Nilesh Kumar covered the following section of Electrical AutoCAD modules
1. Industrial Introduction
2. Application and Significance of AutoCAD in creating Electrical Drawing and documents
3. Different views of an object/equipment and projection
4. Introduction to AutoCAD 2D, which includes basic commands like draw, modify, Annotation etc and the hands-on practice on 2D drafting.
5. Application of layers properties
6. Design of Thermal Power Plant 2D layout
6. Symbols and Library design
7. Introduction to AutoCAD 3D with basic commands
8. 3D drafting of single line diagram of different voltage levels in a power plant
Outcome: The student shown keen interested in the workshop because it was interesting. Also they got satisfied with the workshop because they designed the electrical system of their own using AutoCAD.
No. of participants: 18
Prepared by : Mr. Rakesh Patidar, Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mandsaur University
Verified and Submitted by (HOD/HOI): Mr. Virendra Jain (HOD EEE dept.), Mandsaur University