|Books||Print Resources still continue to be primary learning resources. Central Library has a strong collection development policy and holds more than 42,000 books related to various disciplines.|
A journal or periodical or serial is a publication which is produced on a continuing basis. The Library currently holds:
|Media Resources||Approx. 405 CDs|
|Project Reports||355 project reports of various disciplines of Engineering.|
Library IT Infrastructure
|Sr. No.||Particulars||Total Numbers|
|4||Bar Code Scanner||01|
- E-resource Lab
- Documentation & Reference Services
- Current Awareness Services
- New Arrivals
- Printout Service,
- Online Searching
- User Orientation
The University Library is fully automated with Library Management Software (Delplus,ERP) which are various modules such as Acquisition, Cataloging, OPAC, Circulation, Article Indexing, Serial Control, System Administration and Security protocols also come under the purview of automation.
The Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) system in the University Library is allows cataloging of diverse resources OPAC enables searching through clusters like Author, Keyword, Subject, Class, Title, Publisher, Place of publication, Material type, Subject, ISBN / ISSN, Series titles, Serials title and Year of publication, etc.
- Library will be opened from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM.
- No book can be issued to a student, consecutively for two times.
- The books will be issued to the students only at the allotted time & date.
- Each student can get a maximum of four/five books at a time issued from the library.
- Books in the reference section will not be issued for taking home. One has to read these books sitting in the library reference section.
- Reference Books, magazines, Journals and News paper will be issued only for reading in the library.
- If any library books is lost, one will have to pay the current price of the book/replace the book by one of the same edition (reprint) same condition.
- Provisional students will be issued books only on written permission from the head of the Department.
- A book issued must be returned with-in 15 days from the date of issue, otherwise a fine of Rs. 1.00 per day will be charged for the first four days, sub sequentially Rs. 10 per day till the date the book is returned.
- No fine is charges for books issued during the preparation leave, till the examination is over.
- No current Magazines / Journals will be issued for taking home. Only old Magazines (3 months old) can be issued.
- No one will be allowed to enter the library with anything, other than loose sheets, pen, pencil, eraser, calculator, scale all other articles must be left in the bag rack outside the library.
- Whenever a new book is required in the library, a student must give a written application to the librarian/library in-charge.
- Examination paper are issued for a maximum of 2 days.
- All Books / Magazines will be returned by end of the session.
Membership Policy of Central library
S. No Categories of Membership Eligibility No. of books Period of loan Loan privilege 1. * Faculty Faculty 05 30 days General Issue,Reference/ Journal consultation 2. * Other Staff Staff 02 30 days General Issue, Reference/ Journal consultation 3. *Students Students (UG) 05 15 days General Issue,Reference/ Journal consultation 4. Student Students (PG, Researcher) 05 30 days General Issue,Reference/ Journal consultation
|Mr. Sunil Kumar Khokhar||Library Assistant|
|Ms. Anshita Sharma||Library Assistant|
|Mrs. Ananmika Jain||Library Assistant|