One day workshop on “Single Phase Motor Winding”
Department: Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Year/Sem: – 1st Year BTech & Diploma
Activity: One day workshop on “Single Phase Motor Winding”
Date and Duration: 23rd September 2023
Title: Single Phase Motor Winding
Resource Person/Agency and Affiliation: Mr. Tapan Das Bairagi, Technical Assistant, EEE Department
Brief description / Remarks
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering had organized a workshop on “Single Phase Motor Winding” for 1st year Diploma and BTech students.
The objective of this workshop was to enable the students to be aware with the steps required for the implementation of different types of Motor Winding and winding arrangement of Single phase (permanent capacitor induction motor).
The workshop had two phases.
The first phase started with the introduction followed by
- Theoretical explanation about the different types of Winding with the help of related diagrams.
- Explanation of winding arrangement, diagrams and steps required to prepare it.
In the second phase, students got the opportunity to experience hands-on practice and successfully prepared the winding of the motor.
The schedule of workshop:
|10:00 AM – 11:30 AM||Theoretical explanation about the different types of winding with the help of related diagrams.|
|11:30 AM – 01:00 PM||Explanation of winding arrangement diagrams and steps required to prepare it.|
|02:00 PM – 04:00 PM||Hands- on practice on Single phase motor winding arrangement.|
Outcome: The outcomes of this workshop:
1. Students observed the diagram of different types of winding and understood the implementation procedures.
2. They were acquainted with the winding arrangement of single-phase motor.
3. Students knew the benefits of working in a team.
4. Students boosted their analytical capabilities.