Department: Fashion Design
Year/Semester: 1st year/ II Semester
2nd year/ IV Semester, 3rd year/ VI Semester
Date and Duration:28/5/2022
Title: “Mini India”
Resource Person: Shalini Pandey
Brief description/ Remarks:
The department of Fashion Design had ‘Mini India’ for students of all semesters. This activity was held in the Fashion Design Departmental lab on 28/5/2022. It was a representation as well as presentation of different states in India.
For this activity we combined two activities “Mini India Inter department Fashion show” and “presentation” .Students were divided in groups and every group had to do the through research and study on the costumes and tradition , textiles and other prospective which affect or has affected the clothing style of the people of that specific states. Students dressed themselves in the traditional outfits of the states they were representing along with some presentation and dance or activity of their choice to represent the states they are working on.
Students organised the event with a great care keeping in mind the requirement of the event and the time allotted.
Student not only did dress themselves in the state’s costume but also gave a brief presentation on the states they chose to represent including their geographical location, history, culture, costume, beliefs, Folk art, food and other details. The Activity started from 11:30 am by introducing themselves to the teachers present there and groups started with their presentation which was followed by their special act/ dance/ performance according to the states and their specialty.
For this Activity Some Faculties from different states were invited to give students feedback to the students.
- To understand the traditional culture of the states
- To analyze fashion growth and changes that occurred in the place till date.
- Encourage students to look beyond their textual knowledge and establish a relationship between theory and application of the learnt concepts
- To understand and evaluate the knowledge of the participants within academics as well as beyond academics
- Students feel more confident to discuss the material.
- To understand the students creative approach towards the topic and the measures taken to overcome the obstacles during the exhaustion of the idea.
- Encourage students for taking risk and bringing them out of their comfort zone.
- Increase the understanding about the different factors that influence the change in culture and clothing
No. of participants: 16
Prepared by: Fashion Design Department, Mandsaur University.
Verified and Submitted by (HOD/HOI): Shalini Pandey