Department: Faculty of Fashion Design
Target audience: Students of Fashion Design and Journalism and Mass Communication Department
Date and Duration:15/09/2022 – 17/09/2022
Title: “Fashion Photography”
Resource Person: Ms. Shalini Pandey, Mr. Arun Jaiswal, Ms. Nazma Sheikh.
Brief description/ Remarks:
Department of Fashion Design and Journalism and Mass Communication organized a three-day workshop on “Fashion Photography”. Fashion photography is a genre of photography that is devoted to displaying clothing and other fashion items. Fashion photography focuses on the display of fashionable clothing and items. It is most common on advertising boards and in fashion magazines. The photography will usually feature models wearing the display items. Fashion photography has existed almost as long as photography itself has been around. In a nutshell, the different types of fashion photography are:
- Catalog Photography.
- High Fashion.
- Street Fashion.
- Editorial Fashion
The workshop was planned for three days in which the 1st day was their introduction session which started with a briefing on fashion photography and the details of photography by Mr. Arun Jaiswal, he covered the various topics that would be useful in the workshop which was followed by makeup technique by Ms. Nazma Khan and the session was brought to an end by the Styling session by Ms. Shalini Pandey where the intricacy and relations of makeup, styling, and photography were discussed along with the various ways and types of styling that were to use in the practical sessions of the workshop.
- Obtained complete knowledge related to fashion photography.
- Students understood ‘how to use angles to create illusions’.
- Students acquired the information on ‘how to apply a style, create a look, and the backstage work that goes into a photo shoot.
- Students faced the camera which will increase their confidence and decrease the insecurities they have in themselves.
- Students understood the intricacy and relativity of makeup styling and photography.
- Students really enjoyed this workshop and all are satisfied.
No. of participants: 34
Prepared by: Ms. Shalini Pandey
Verified and Submitted by (HOD/HOI): Ms. Shalini Pandey