Current trends in Internet of Things –IoT
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Open for all University’s Students & Faculty Members
Activity: Online National Workshop
Date and Duration: 24/02/2022 to 26/02/2022, duration: -03 Days
Title: Current trends in Internet of Things –IoT
Resource person/agency and affiliation:
1. Dr. Supriya Goel Team Lead Wireless Communications (WCS) Team CR Rao Advanced Institute of Mathematics Statistics and Computer Science, Hyderabad (TS)
2. Dr. Ruqaiya Khanam Professor, Department of CSE, Center of Imaging & Forensic, Sharda University, Greater Noida (UP)
3. Dr. Sanjeev K. Jain, Sr. Asst. Professor, EE department. Medicaps University, Indore (MP)
4. Dr. Gitanjali Mehta Professor, Department of EE&C, Galgotias University, Greater Noida (UP)
5. Mr. Bhawani Singh Shekhar (Sr. Operation Manager), Vision Automation Solutions, Jaipur (Raj)
6. Ms. Dolly Sharma (Sr. Business Development Manager). Vision Automation Solutions, Jaipur (Raj)Workshop Coordinated by: – Mr. Siddheswar Kar, Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Brief description / remarks: Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering organized Online Three days National Webinar for the Students and Faculty members of all streams on the topic “Current trends in Internet of Things –IoT” from 24/02/2022 to 26/02/2022.
Out of 260 registered participant 101 participated in Workshop from various states Telangana, Tamilnadu, Rajasthan, Odisha, Gujrat, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Punjab, Andhrapradesh and MP.
The primary objective of this workshop was to aware about the current trends in IoT and its application. IOT is important topic in technology industry, policy and engineering circles. Speakers told that IoT has stepped out of its infancy and is on the verge of transforming the current static Internet into a fully integrated Future Internet.
One of speaker told that a radical evolution of the current Internet into a network of interconnected objects that not only harvests information from the sensing and interacts with the physical world (actuation/command/control) but also uses existing Internet standards to provide services for information transfer, analytics, applications, and communications.
Session -1 IoT in Industrial Automation conducted by Er. Bhawani Singh, Speaker shown his own IOT projects implements in the industries.
Session-2 Recent Advances and Application of IoT in photovoltaic system conducted by Dr. Gitanjali Mehta. She focuses the application of IoT in photovoltaic systems implementation.
Session-3 IoT Applications in advanced Electrical Technology. Dr. Sanjeev Jain demonstrates the concept of smart city implementation using IoT and Various applications in solar energy.
Session -4 & 5 was current security trends in IoT. Conducted by Dr. Supriya Goel. Speaker focus on the role of security in IoT and how the data security may be organized through various applications and methods
The program continued in Google meet platform during the session. The feedback form was shared and received positive feedback from all the participants. The Convener Dr. Manish Jain presents the welcome note and valedictory session was conducted by Mr.Siddheswar Kar. The vote of thanks conveyed by Mr. Virendra Jain HOD EEE.
Outcome: The Workshop presents latest trends in IoT applications
- The exposure of IoT interfacing with various sensors brings closer the vision of an Internet of Things.
- The evolution of the next generation IoT application in photovoltaic and solar applications
- IOT is an ideal emerging technology to influence this domain by providing new evolving application on medical, agriculture and industrial automation.
- Application in industry 5.0 evolution
- The Implementation of data security in IoT
No. of participants: 101/260
Coordinated by: – Mr. Siddheswar Kar, Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical & Electronics EngineeringPrepared by: Dr. Manish Jain, Associate Professor, EEE Department
Verified and Submitted by (HOD/HOI): Mr. Virendra Jain, HOD, EEE Department