Basic Crochet work
Department: Fashion Design
Year/Semester:2nd year/ III Semester,
Date and Duration: 9/9/2021 to 11/9/2021
Title: “Basic Crochet work”
Resource Person: Dr Sarita Hooda
Brief description/ Remarks:
The department of Fashion Design had organized a workshop on ‘Basic Crochet work’ for students of the II year. This activity was held in the Fashion Design Departmental lab from 9th to 11th Sept, 2021.
Crochet is a process of creating textiles by using a crochet hook to interlock loops of yarn, thread, or strands of other materials. Knitted textiles survive from as early as the 11th century CE, but the first substantive evidence of crocheted fabric emerges in Europe during the 19th century
Through this workshop Students was know about how to use crochet hook and threads in a creative way to develop interesting pattern. They learnt about different stitches like chain stitch, double, trible stitches. They were used these stitches in making of different products such as bracelets, neckpieces, mobile cover, wall hanging, plate cover/thaliposh and edge finishing of any fabric. Developed products they made a file and preserve for future .
- Acquired basic knowledge of crochet stitches.
- By developing complete products they understood how to create other innovative products using different stitches and pattern.
- After developing products they confident about making or designing other products, all concepts were cleared.
- Through developing different products they said they will try making other products for to gifts and selling purpose.
- Students understood how to earn money for selling the products.
Students were enjoyed this work.
No. of participants: 3
Prepared by: Fashion Design Department, Mandsaur University.
Verified and Submitted by (HOD/HOI): Dr. Sarita Hooda