Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
Prof. (Dr.) Amit Kumar Jain
As per National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) guidelines every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC becomes a part of the institution’s system and works towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions.
Goals of IQAC
The primary aim of IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
The following are members of IQAC:
|Teachers to represent all level|
|2.||Dr. Ravi Kumar Sengewar, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering|
|3.||Dr. Mukesh Sharma, Dept. of Management and commerce|
|4.||Dr. Aradhana Sethi, Dept. of Education|
|5.||Dr. Taniya Sengupta Rathore, Dept. of Life Science|
|6.||Dr. Sushant Maksane, Dept. of Ayurveda|
|Member from the Management|
|7.||Er. Rahul Nahata, Executive Chairman|
|Senior Administrative staff officers|
|8.||Mr. Ashish Parikh, Registrar|
|9.||Col. Anand Kumar, Dean Administration|
|10.||Mr. Manish Verma, Exam Controller|
|Nominee from Local Society, Students and Alumni|
|11.||Dr. Yogendra Kothari, Doctor|
|12.||Mr. Raja Ram, Student|
|13.||Mr. Praveen Singh Rathore, Alumni|
|Nominee each from Employlers/Industrialists/Stakeholders|
|14.||Mr. G T Hemnani, Banker|
|15.||Mr. Om Kabra, Industrialist|
|16.||Mr. Gopi Agrawal, Stakeholder|
|Senior teacher as Coordinator/ Director of IQAC|
|17.||Dr. Amit Kumar Jain|
Role of the Coordinator
The following are the roles and responsibilities carried by coordinator IQAC:
- To coordinate the dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- To coordinate the documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement
- To coordinate the quality-related activities of the institution
- To coordinate the timely and efficient execution of the decisions of IQAC committee.
Operational Features of the IQAC at MU
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Development of Quality Culture in the University;
IQAC will facilitate / contribute:
- To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture.
- To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices.
- To provide a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional functioning.
- To act as a change agent in the University.
- To better internal communication.
Quality Assurance initiatives taken by IQAC
IQAC Meetings details
- IQAC Meeting – Date – 10/06/2019
- IQAC Meeting – Date – 20/06/2019
- IQAC Meeting – Date – 28/08/2019
- IQAC Meeting – Date – 03/09/2019
- IQAC Meeting – Date – 14/12/2019
- IQAC Meeting – Date – 27/02/2020
- IQAC Meeting – Date – 26/03/2020
- IQAC Meeting – Date – 07/09/2020
- IQAC Meeting – Date – 26/02/2021
- IQAC Meeting – Date – 06/03/2021
- IQAC Meeting – Date – 26/03/2021